CITIZENS AND PATRIOTS DAY!!!!! (5 mins read).
Independence Day is an official national holiday in Nigeria, celebrated on the first (1st) of October annually. It marks Nigeria’s proclamation of independence from British rule on October 1st 1960.
Afterwards, Nigeria had celebrated her independence 60 years with military parades amidst other activities on the 1st day of October every year across all the States of the federation. The narrative certainly needs to take a new twist, as Nigeria is set to take her independence celebration to the global stage for inclusiveness.
Nigeria cross over at 12 midnight every 1st of October to her Independence: a celebration that the Team HIYA NIGERIA has set out to mark every 365 days!!!!
HIYA NIGERIA CITIZENS AND PATRIOTS DAY!! is a virtual and physical Programme put together to restage and the-enact the eventful activities of September 30th 1960, which of course was the eve of the independence of Nigeria from the British presence and rule.
Through the African story telling style, you will hear, feel and imagine the ambience of oneness, harmony, communalism that encapsulated the atmosphere and the height of the Citizenry’s anticipation on the 30th day of September, 1960.
The Programme is a compatriot’s call through “HIYA NIGERIA” to fellow citizens with the aim of awakening the minds of All Nigerian Citizens Home and Diaspora together as one, to reflect and replay the great excitement of October 1st 1960, the communal unity and oneness that encapsulated all citizens over 60 years ago.
It seeks to promote unity in our diversity, while using the common unifying factor.
In achieving this, Team “HIYA NIGERIA” aims to connect the Once Connected but presently disconnected citizens, the Never connected and intentionally disconnected citizens.
This Programme today is a flag-off and prelude heralding programme and activities outlined of 365 days as we mark Nigeria’s renaissance and building back the Nigeria that is a the not only the Giant of Africa, but the Center of Global Resourcefulness in Human and Economic capacity.
VISION – Awaken and restage the 60 years nostalgia feeling, expressed by Nigerians across the country and overseas in 1960.
The objective of this programme is to:
• Re-enact and restage the event of about 60 years, using the TELEPRESENCE technology in converging participant within and outside the country
• Include the participation of Nigerians the Diaspora in the celebration of the annual independence of Nigeria
• Feature the individuals who participated in the composition of the Nigerian national anthem, pledge, and the design/hoisting of the flag, among other prominent persons and icons.
• Foster communal unity through the activities of the anniversary of Nigerian independence
• Promote the national Icons, and unveil the of the national colour Scheme guide, National anthem, Prayer and Pledge Icon, and the back cover of the constitution
• Salvage indigenous languages/dialects from extinction and documentation of orthographies by encouraging Nigerian Communities, parents/children, Schools/Teachers/ within and outside the country to participate in the Translate Me Choral Challenge.
The programme is a vehicle for a compatriot’s call to awaken the minds of All Nigerian Citizens Home and Diaspora, to reflect and replay the great excitement of September 30th, 1960 into October 1st 1960, the communal unity and oneness that encapsulated all citizens over 60 years ago.
THEME: ARISE O COMPATRIOTS: Hear the Clarion Call, In Unity we Grow!!
HIGHLIGHTS OF ACTIVITIES TO RESTAGE AND REENACT THE EVE OF THE NIGERIAN INDEPENDENCE
HIYA NIGERIA is determined to make the independence eve celebration an unforgettable experience to Nigerians home and in Diaspora. We like to take Nigerians on a day session and Watch-night/Lighting procession session.
- DAY SESSION
Display of National colours and symbols
- NIGHT SESSION
- HIYA QUIZ
- STORY! STORY!! Our esteemed OCTOGENARIANS tagged the Narrators will take us through the celebration mood, excitement and various festivities of the citizens within and outside the country. The host of narrators on the Programme will include Octogenarians.
The watch night/Lamp lights into 12midnight – a 90 minutes experience of yellow flames of lights nation wide and outside the country. To showcase the communal solidarity and the enthuse which circulated the atmosphere on the 30th day of September, 1960.